- Draw with Plastic Filament
- Draw on Paper or in the Air
- Personalize & Decorate Plastic Items
- Repair Household Plastics & 3D Prints
- Compatible with ABS & PLA Filament
- “Highlighter” ABS Filament Pack Included
- “The Essentials” PLA Pack Included
- Manufacturer Part#: 3DOOD-V2-US
Re-engineered and optimized, the 3Doodler 2.0 from 3Doodler is the second-generation 3D Printing Pen that is slimmer, lighter, quieter, and easier to use. Improvements on the original 3Doodler Pen include a redesigned nozzle for greater accuracy, temperature control for manual adjustment and optimization, double-click speed controllers for continuous flow, and an improved drive system for smoother filament extrusion.
The 3Doodler 2.0 extrudes heated plastic, which quickly cools and solidifies into a stable structure. Suitable for both right- and left-handed use, the pen can be used to draw flat forms on paper that can be peeled off, or it can draw 3D objects in mid-air. Because 3Doodler filament adheres to other plastics, you can also use it to decorate and personalize items, weld together traditionally-printed 3D objects, or repair small plastic items.
The pen allows you to adjust the settings for either ABS or PLA filaments, both of which are supported by the 3Doodler 2.0, but require different temperatures to extrude. Two buttons also allow you to control the speed at which the plastic is extruded, which will affect the thickness and properties of the resulting doodle.
For more advanced applications, there is a three-pin control port that allows you to control the speed buttons without manually touching the 3Doodler 2.0. Users can mount their 3Doodler 2.0 to a CNC arm or something similar using tape, for example, and use the control port to control the extrusion.
The 3Doodler 2.0 comes with a detachable US power cord and can also be powered with the separately sold JetPack portable battery. Included with the 3Doodler 2.0 are two mixed packs of filament – the “Highlighter” color scheme in ABS, and “The Essentials” color scheme in PLA – for a total of 50 strands of filament, so you can start doodling right out of the box.
The 3Doodler 2.0 is not recommended for young children, as the extruder can get significantly hot. The extruded plastic, however, is warm but touchable when it emerges from the tip of the 3Doodler.
- Improvements in Version 2.0
- The 3Doodler 2.0 features improvements and additions to the original 3Doodler. These include the following:
- Anodized aluminum case instead of plastic
- Less than half the weight of the original 3Doodler
- Uses less than half the power of the previous model
- Redesigned nozzle for more accurate doodles
- Re-engineered drive system for smoother Doodling
- Manual temperature optimization for minor flow adjustment and consistent 3Doodles
- Double-click speed controllers for continuous flow
- PLA and ABS Capability
- The 3Doodler 2.0 is compatible with both ABS and PLA plastics. Since these materials melt at different temperatures, the 3Doodler 2.0 has two heat settings – choose the correct setting when loading your 3Doodler 2.0.Both ABS and PLA plastics are suitable for building structures, freehand doodling, and drawing plastic on plastic. However, other applications are best suited to one or the other material. 3Doodler makes the following recommendations:Use ABS plastic for:
- Drawing upwards
- Building structures, freehand doodling
- Plastic on plastic
- Creating bendable art
- 3Doodling on paper or stencils and peeling it off
Use PLA plastic for:
- Drawing edges and angles less than 90 degrees
- 3Doodling on paper for long-lasting stick
- 3Doodling on glass or metallic surfaces
- Creating translucent art
- Adjustable Speed & Strength
- The 3Doodler 2.0 has two speeds, controlled by pressing on the buttons on the body of the pen. These settings determine the flow of the plastic. Printing fast will result in a thicker stream of filament, allowing you to fill a large area quickly, or create a thicker, stronger piece that is less flexible but which may be able to support adjacent structures. Choosing the slow setting will result in a thinner stream of filament that is better suited for intricate designs that will be flexible but not particularly strong.
- 3Doodler plastic adheres to other plastic objects, so you can decorate and personalize plastic objects like phone cases, desks, laptops, monitors, pens, etc.
- In addition to artistic applications, you can use the 3Doodler 2.0 as a plastic welding tool. Repair broken plastic objects with your 3Doodler 2.0 by drawing a plastic weld between the broken pieces. This can also be handy for repairing traditional 3D prints made on 3D printers.
Manufacturer Part#: 3DOOD-V2-US
|Filament Compatibility||3mm DoodleStrands|
|Product Safety||Not safe for children.
Recommended for ages 14+
|Approvals and Certifications||FCC, CE|
|Speed||Extrusion per second: 0.6 to 0.7″ / 15.0 to 18.0 mm|
|Warm-Up Time||LOW Temperature: 1 minute
HIGH Temperature: Another 20-30 seconds
|Construction||Anodized Aluminum Casing|
|Power Adapter||Input: 110 to 240 VAC
Output: 5 VDC @ 1.2 A
|Dimensions (L x D x H)||6.1 x 0.7 x 0.7″ / 15.5 x 1.8 x 1.8 cm|
|Weight||1.8 oz / 50.0 g|
|Package Weight||1.3 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||11.3 x 5.2 x 3.1″|